You will never guess what I did.
I set a potato on fire. Yep, that’s right. Actual flames. I was nuking a potato (gonna mash it up and have dinner, as Dave was working late and I was on my own. He usually does the cooking, for very obvious reasons), and the phone rang. Of course I answered, and it was someone interested in the new geldings I have. So we chatted, until “What is that smell?” Oh no! I run to the kitchen (with the phone, hollering, “Ah! My potato is on fire!” I’m certain she thinks I am insane. Honestly, who in the world can burn a freaking potato? But smoke was billowing out of the microwave, and when I opened the door, my little potato was a flaming bonfire. She agreed to call back on Monday after Teddy’s vetting. More interns! Yay! But I gave up on dinner. Just opened the wine and a book (A Son of the Circus, John Irving) and went to bed. Yeesh. I think I am totally off potatoes for awhile. And the house really, really stinks.
We are looking forward to Sara’s visit this coming Tuesday. She’s touring Virginia! Of course, it is supposed to rain all weekend, so good luck identifying horses, Sara! I will have a large herd of chestnuts, no discernable markings. This is gonna be fun!